Thursday, January 29, 2009

Facebook To The Rescue!

Well, I've officially taken our blog outside of the family and made it public. I created a Facebook group to invite people to come have a look at our witty repartee. Part of me is excited at the prospect of entertaining people, the rest of me is thinking, "Oh crap! What have I done??"

I have wanted to be a writer for quite a long time. I'd say how long, but I hate writing down how old I am. Denial is a wonderful thing. But I have always enjoyed writing, and thought it would be the ultimate dream to make a living putting words on paper. There's a small catch, though. I hate when people read things that I've written. Yes, please do take a second to mull over how crazy I really am. I find writing cathartic and therapeutic, and I think I'm witty and smart, but when someone is reading something I've written, my stomach is immediately filled with vomiting butterflies. I tend to immediately think, "That person is going to think I'm an idiot!" I wish I had a well-thought-out reason as to why this is, but all I could come up with is that I'm nuts. I suppose it has to do with opening myself up and allowing people in, but isn't 'she's nuts' the more fun option?

So, I suppose my reasons for blogging are two-fold. First, it's a chance for me and the siblings to keep in touch and entertain each other, but it's also a chance for me to put myself out there and test the critical waters. I'm a big girl. I can take it. I think. Be kind!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment