Monday, April 6, 2009

Poetry? Part Four

Another poem.

ALONE

ONE
Being alone for so many years,
Life has gone a certain way.
Hard to hide the mounting fears,
Difficult to know what to say.

TWO
Easy to be happy in some cases,
Easier to be sad for the rest.
Most people think that he fits in best
When he shows those happy faces.

THREE
Feeling like no one understands,
Thinking that no one can see my side,
Crushed by the need to meet the demands,
Losing my dignity and my pride.

FOUR
Sitting in the dim light, always thinking.
Dreaming of the things that will happen some day.
Need some guidance to show me the way.
To keep my life from slowly sinking.

FIVE
Ignore the bad and focus on the good.
Don’t think of things in a negative light.
I know its right, I know I should.
Instead I make each decision a fight.

SIX
Lost in a maze that never ends.
Mind clouded with things I want to say.
Time to turn inward, time to pray,
And lean on the support of my close friends.

SEVEN
Breaking away from dark words,
Looking at things in a more positive light.
Gazing upwards at the soaring birds,
Amazed at their effortless flight.

EIGHT
Looking back at how far I’ve come,
Where I was is far from where I am.
With anger it’s easier to damn,
I know I’ve angered some.

NINE
Time to turn things around,
And start to take control.
There are plenty of chances abound,
To help make my life whole.

TEN
No more holding things at bay,
No sense to wait.
Mark down the date,
I begin my new life today.

2 comments:

  1. Bit of a thematic trilogy "completed" with this one. Why did you physically separate each stanza by numbering them? It almost makes it seem like 10 one-stanza poems (unless that's the effect you were going for).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not really sure. As I've said before I don't know a whole lot about the technical details of poetry. It seemed best to keep it ordered and numbered like that as I was writing it. I'm sure in 'real poetry' that's not the way it's done. Then again I'm sure I've seen it in some of the poetry I've studied as well.

    ReplyDelete