Thursday, April 2, 2009

Poetry? Part Three

Another poem I am experimenting with.

Moving Forward

ONE
Walking
Into an unknown space
Not knowing where I’m going
Not knowing the pace
Taking careful steps
My feet touch ground with care
Eyes dart left to right, and up and down
Until I’m more aware

TWO
Running
Up a steep hill
I can see where I am going
Just can’t seem to get there
Taking careful steps
My feet pound the ground with force
Eyes focus on what’s straight ahead
Because I’m more aware

THREE
Strolling
Along an even plane
No clue where I am going
There is no rhythm to my pace
Taking careless steps
My feet drag along the road
Eyes empty and full of dreams
I don’t know where to go

FOUR
Crawling
Along a darkened path
Can’t tell where I am headed
My legs shake with fear
My hands touch the ground carefully
Eyes see only black
I can’t go anywhere

FIVE
Standing
At the place that I belong
My mind is wide open
I can see where I went wrong
Feet planted firmly on the ground
Head held high
I know I’ve made the right choices
I’ve been moving forward all along

2 comments:

  1. The theme definitely leads into poem #3. The "symmetry" of this one seems better, even though its free verse. What is "the place that {you} belong"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I'm still searching for I guess. The job I want. The life I want. That kind of stuff. I know it's out there, but it's just a matter of finding it.

    ReplyDelete