Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I keep forgetting about the title?

February marks the 5th month of my quit smoking/weight loss plan. Since late September I have been off the cigarettes and since sometime in October I have been going to BG's Gyme (for you Simpson's fans out there!)three times a week. BG = Baby Gibbs = Jason Morris.

At last weigh-in (sometime last week)I had dropped 20 pounds. I was originally not going to weigh myself at all, as I am not only doing cardio,(lately I have been a bit slack, but that's going to change.)but also doing full-body circuit training.

It's been a hard few months eating-wise, as I am a huge fan of food. But Jason has been great in guiding me through the workouts and allowing me to use his gym (free of charge no less!) Thanks very kindly for that BG :)

But there is a long ways to go. As I say my cardio workouts have slipped, and my eating habits have to change a bit too. But this isn't going to happen overnight, so I will keep plodding along.

Tomorrow, I have a 30-minute battle with the treadmill.

Wish me luck.

9 comments:

  1. That's awesome, Geoff. You have been so good about sticking with this so far. However, you're making those of us who also need to get off their butts look bad. I'm going to have to work extra hard now.

    Congrats on the non-smoking. Hopefully, you'll be an example to the other smokers. Smokers are jokers, after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the battle. I'm still smoking but recently started cooking...I've become a "househusband".

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mean LiLi is willing to eat frozen pizzas every night, Bob?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats great Geoff, you have been brilliant keeping it up! I'm trying as well, but i only walk home after work as i have to start slowly but Im gradually getting there as well. As we all well know its very tough so, every little bit counts!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frozen pizzas? Believe it or not, I'm actually really making things...simple, but effective, as Basil Fawlty once said. The other problem is that frozen pizzas can't be found in Beijing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote that all the noseworthy's swear off cigarettes? All in favour? Bob, you do realize chinese cigs are made from used baby diapers and tears from single mothers, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. If Basil Fawlty is your role model in this, I think you are both in trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Actually, Chinese babies don't wear diapers. They have pants with the ass torn out of them :) If you think this is a bunch of crap, check out the picture in the next post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As for Basil, part of me aspires to be a world-class hotelier just like him.

    ReplyDelete