Monday, February 9, 2009

Not sure if I mentioned this to all of you before or not...

I may have told most of you that I am thinking of writing a fictional account of the life of the Ryan family on St. Brendan's, with the focus being on It would be loosely based on the memories and stories that I can gather from Mom, Uncle Mike and Aunt Cathy. I've had this idea in my head for a while, but I think I am finally ready to start putting things in motion.

If anyone has any thoughts, ideas, suggestions or memories, let me know. Right now I have a rough idea of how the story will take shape, but I am open to anything.

4 comments:

  1. You've got to include the story about the kids copying ice pans and Mom falling in the water in her new red coat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good plan, if you are going to post or print it etc, i have some pictures from there if you need them, i took them a few years ago so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ideally this will be novel-length,and eventually I would look to get it published. Where it is going to be fiction, the pictures would have to be generic and not of the family. It seems a lot of people have a problem with me using actual names in stories, and I'm sure they would not like their images used either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you going to go as far back as our bed-ridden great-grandmother, or will it be more recent?

    ReplyDelete